Monday, April 2, 2007

Breakfast:

1/2 cup Better'n'eggs (egg substitute- I just like them....)
some Fat-free shredded Cheddar cheese (didn't measure)
some lean diced/cubed ham (didn't measure)
1 banana
(FYI- this is pretty much my daily breakfast, but vary the fruit a bit sometimes)

Once I get to work- I have chocolate-coffee (1/2 coffee with 1/2 hot chocolate made from no-sugar added hot chocolate mix)- I usually have 2 or three. :o) Today I had 3.

Mid-morning snack:
1 apple (love the Chiquita snack packs!)

Lunch: (thank goodness for having a Schnucks near my work- it's great for those days when I didn't get to pack my lunch or didn't have anything to pack)

large tray from Schnucks salad bar with:
iceberg & romaine lettuce
shredded carrots
green onions
diced hard-boiled eggs
imitation crab meat
Fat-free shredded mozzarella cheese (brought my own from home)
Fat-free ranch salad dressing (from home)
1/3 cup serving of Chocolate Fudge pudding (instant- fat-free, sugar-free made
with skim milk- prepared at home....love this stuff & it helps me get my dairy)

Dinner:
1 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 baked potato w/fat-free spray margarine
veggies- snow peas, broccoli, squash & zucchini (cooked/stir-fried in a pan with a little bit of
of seasoning and some light olive-oil)

I bought the Blue Bunny- Health Smart fat-free, sugar free fudge bars today since they are 0 points. I may have one later. If so, I'll let you know if they are as good as the Skinny Cows. :o)

Somewhere in all of that, I've had about 4 Diet Cokes and some water. I don't do well drinking my required amount of water, but I'll work on it.

No additional points used today. :o)
Activity- None yet, but I am getting ready to walk on the treadmill before I get ready for bed (no time to do it in the mornings).

2 comments:

Paula said...

Great menu! I've been thinking about switching to core...I don't feel like I get enough food during the day. I'm always starving by bed time...

I'm just afraid I'll blow it because I'll feel restricted by not being able to eat what I want. Does that make sense?

Violet said...

I totally know what you're saying, Paula... Although, when I look back at my menus, a lot of the items are on the Core Plan. But, I know the minute that I would switch, I would go crazy, because there would be something that I would "have to have."

I gotta get some ice cream that I can eat. Was craving some last night to the point that Dave and I almost went to DQ... If I'd had some of the Skinny Cow stuff, I woulda been fine.